Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Babysitter's Club

This week has been super super busy. Besides working everyday, I had to squeeze in time for social events, like cookie decorating parties and christmas caroling. What a joy it was to see the peoples' faces when my group sang (horrendously might I add) "Joy to the World" or "Deck the Halls"! I can already see this post turning into some long and dull journal of the past week, so I will stop boring you in 3, 2, 1.....Now I will fill you in on the most important babysitting tips you will ever need. If you follow my rules and guidelines, you will be on the road to success. 

Rule Number One: Don't ever leave children unattended in the bathtub. 
     I left the kids I sit for, Hunter and Archer, ages 9 and 3, respectively, in the (full) tub for maybe 3 minutes one evening, as I had to go find a pull up and towel for the youngest one. 3 minutes. 3 minutes alone and the bathroom had become a war zone. You know those fun little tablets you put in the bathtub to make the water turn colors? Well the boys somehow got a hold of them and dumped them all (24 in total) into the water. "It was supposed to be like a wanbow!" Yea well, when you mix colors you get black. Along with the black water, they had turned on the water and poured bubble bath into the tub. So when I returned, big black bubbles were foaming from the tub and Archer was no where to be found. Panic set in. WHERE IS THE KID. "Hunter find your brother he could drown!" "OKAY! OH NO I CAN'T FIND HIM!" So I basically go swimming trying to save the baby. Then I hear a tiny voice come from the water closet (fancy name for a room solely for the big boy potty). "I went potty!" Well good for you Archer. You went potty. Hunter must have failed to see his brother get out of the tub in the midst of making the "rainbow bubbles." So, I had to deal with the horrific thought of a drowning child and cleaning up the wet floor. And you know what the best part of the whole fiasco was? I left for those 3 minutes and returned with no pull up and no towel. 

Rule Number 2: Clean up your mess.
     Every mother loves a clean house. And every mother especially loves a clean kitchen. Always clean up the mess you made and then some. If you feed the kids dinner, make sure you wash the dishes and put them away. Go the extra mile and even wipe down the countertops. Moms love that! You will soon earn the title of "The best babysitter award" from the mother, which will keep you on her top ten baby-sitters list for sure. If you want to stay on this list refer back to rule number one. 

Rule Number 3: Don't burn the tupperware. 
     If you are instructed to make the kids dinner, make sure you don't burn the tupperware. This can happen in many ways. Make sure you don't turn the stove-top griddle on instead of the oven. But especially make sure you don't turn on the stove-top griddle instead of the oven when there is a plastic tupperware sitting on top. I mean I've never experienced this but.....it's probs a good idea if you don't, because it's hard to get plastic off of stainless steel. 

I have MANY more rules and guidelines to follow, but those will just have to wait. I will leave you with these quotes from my fellow kids....

"I need to learn how to tie my shoes before high school because I don't want to wear those velcro shoes the rest of my life." - Hunter, age 9

"Hunter, you won't be the quarterback next year! You didn't even tackle anybody this year!" Archer- age 3

"I wish my mom didn't always dress so tacky. I mean nike shorts and leggings are SO unattractive." Sarah Beth- age 5

" Have you ever noticed the CHRIST in Christmas?"- Hunter

"I don't know how to spell diva, but I know that sass is in it!"- Colleen, age 7

XOXO, 
the babysitting goddess 

No comments:

Post a Comment