Thursday, December 13, 2012

Clean up on aisle 4!

Oh hay Friday Eve! SO glad you came around again because I missed you. I have the best story to tell yall so I'm just gonna jump right into this post...
     I have found my new calling in life. It is personalizing ornaments at the Muffin Tin, where I work. I'm evidently quite good at it, so I think I will just drop out of high school and paint Christmas decor for the rest of my life. Sounds good, right? Right. Anyway, my point hasn't been made just yet. I worked today, and I had a ton of ornaments awaiting my arrival at 3:23. YAY. But this precious "Congratulations on Graduation!" gift needed to have the girl's name in black and her alma mater in red. Well we didn't have a red paint pen. Sooo I travel down to the Walmart and proceed to find a red paint pen. FOUND IT. Check and done. Now let's go pay for it and I can get back to decorating the 10 million ornaments. Well...easier said than done. I finally found a decent line to join and then waited my turn. I observed that that the cashier was quite large, as in pregnant large, and thought to myself "omg she is about to pop!" and "there's gotta be twins in there" and also "what if she gave birth now?!" BINGO. I kid you not, as my one little red paint pen traveled down the check out thing (anyone know what that's called? I just googled "what's the thing called that your groceries ride on at the check out line?" and I got nothing.) this woman says "I thaank muh watah jus broke!" At first, all I could think was omg no freaking way this is insane NO WAY. Then the chick starts screaming so I was all like "SOMEBODY HELP!!!!! SOMEBODY HELPPP" and there were roughly 13 Wally employees surrounding her in about 2 seconds flat. 911 was promptly called and all was well. I hope the woman got to the hospital before she had her baby. But just think, if she delivered at Walmart she could have had a great name: Wally. Or if it was in the ambulance, Ambulance (am-bew-launce-say). Who knew having to get a red paint pen would turn into such an experience! And now I can say I have witnessed my check out lady go into labor. Check that off my bucket list! 

XOXO, 

CAROL

P.S. next blog post: list of baby names for the good, bad, and the weird 

No comments:

Post a Comment